Revision Date: December 2020
At enDrive LLC, (“enDrive” “we”, “our” or “us”), we recognize the importance of protecting your privacy, including information that may be used, either alone or in combination with other information, to personally identify an individual (“Personal Data”).
This privacy statement (this “Statement”) governs the way we use the Personal Data that we receive, collect and store about you in connection with your use of our website, www.endrive.us, as well as our mobile application and any other website or application that links you to this Statement (together, the “Platform”). This Statement does not apply to any website or application other than the Platform, including those you may link to from the Platform. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such third party websites and applications, and you visit them at your own risk.
This Policy addresses the following questions:
- What Personal Data does enDrive collect?
- How does enDrive use the Personal Data that it collects?
- Does enDrive disclose Personal Data to others?
- How long does enDrive retain Personal Data?
- What choices do all Platform users have with respect to their Personal Data?
- What choices do Platform users who are California residents have with respect to their Personal Data?
- What choices do Platform users have pursuant to GDPR?
- Does enDrive transfer Personal Data out of the United States?
- How does enDrive protect Personal Data?
- Does enDrive collect information from children?
- How does enDrive respond to Do Not Track Signals?
- Will enDrive make updates or other changes to this Policy?
- How can enDrive be contacted?
- What Personal Data does EnDrive collect? As further described in this Section 1, we collect, and we allow our service providers to collect, Personal Data in three ways: when you chose to provide Personal Data to us or our service providers on our Platform; automatically from you when you visit our Platform; and automatically from third parties when you visit our Platform.
- Personal Data that you provide on the Platform. On the Platform, you may choose to provide the types of information listed below, some of which may constitute Personal Data. Providing this information is optional; however, if you chose not to provide it, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you request.
- Account Creation. In order to access the rental booking features of the Platform, you must create a user account. To create an account, you will need to supply basic contact information, such as your name, email address, and phone number, a user name and password of your choosing, and [insert additional information required in order to create an account]. We use this information to authenticate you as a user, to facilitate your purchases of products and services, and to correspond with you regarding any inquiries you have regarding the same. We also collect and store this information so that each time you login to your account, you can review your purchase history.
- Booking Creation. In order to make a reservation to use a vehicle, you may prompted to provide the following information related to you or, if applicable, the person for whom you are making a reservation: name; home and business mailing address; email address; billing address; government issued identification (such as a driver’s license or passport); date of birth; gender; loyalty program membership information; [insert additional information required in order to make a reservations]; and travel related preferences such as accessibility needs. You will also need to provide payment card information (including card number, expiration date and CVV code). This information is communicated to third party service providers to enable you to purchase use of their products and services and to facilitate communication directly between you and them.
- Promotional Messages and Marketing. In various areas of the Platform, we provide you the opportunity to submit a form with your name, phone number and email address. If you chose to provide this information to us, we will use it to send you email and text communications describing promotions, products and services we think may be of interest to you. You can likewise choose to provide us this information in order to engage in our loyalty and rewards programs.
- Comments and other Feedback. In various places on the Platform, we provide the opportunity for you to submit comments and other feedback. For example, you may choose to post a review of your experience using our booking service, engage with us on our social media platforms or send us other feedback, questions, suggestions or ideas. In doing so, we may ask you to provide us (in addition to your comments) your name, email address and phone number.
- Information Collected Automatically. We use the software tools described in this Section 1.2 to collect information automatically when you visit the Site. Additionally, some of our third party service providers (described in Section 3, below) may use similar tools to automatically gather information on our behalf regarding your use of the Platform. In either case, the automatically collected information, alone or in combination with other information, may constitute Personal Data. We have a legitimate interest in using this information to assist in systems administration purposes (including information security and abuse prevention), to track user trends, and to analyze the effectiveness of our Site.
- Log Files. We use log files on our Platform to capture your internet protocol (“IP”) address, your browser type, your Internet Service Provider (ISP), the date/time stamp of your Platform visits, your referring/exiting pages, your clicked pages within the Site, your device number and type, your operating system or mobile carrier type, and any other information your browser sends to us.
- Tools Specific to Mobile Applications. When you access our services through our mobile application, then in addition to the above we use tools to automatically collect: your device and telephone connectivity information such as your carrier, network type, network operator, subscriber identity module (“SIM”) operator, and SIM country; usage data, such as dates and times the app accesses our servers, the features and links clicked in the app, searches, transactions, and the data and files downloaded to the app; device settings selected or enabled, such as Wi-Fi, Global Positioning System ("GPS"), and Bluetooth (which may be used for location services, subject to your permission as explained below); mobile device settings; and other technical information such as app name, type, and version as needed to provide you with services
- Location-Based Tools. Depending on your device’s settings and permissions and your choice to participate in certain programs, we may collect the location of your device by using GPS signals, cell phone towers, Wi-Fi signals, Bluetooth or other technologies. We will collect this information if you opt in through the app or other program (either during your initial login or later) to enable certain location-based services available within the app (for example, locating available lodging closest to you). To disable location capabilities of the app, you can log off or change your mobile device’s settings.
- Other Tracking Technologies. When you visit our Site, in addition to cookies, we use device identifiers, pixels, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information about how you use the Site. We process the information collected through such technologies, which may include or be combined with Personal Data, to help operate certain features of the Site, to determine the regions from which you access the Site, to enhance your experience through personalization, and to help us better understand the features of the Platform that you and other users are most interested in.
- Information Collected from Third Parties. We also receive information from affiliated companies within enDrive, as well as business partners and other third parties who help us improve our platform and associated tools and services, update and maintain accurate records, detect and investigate fraud, and more effectively market our services. In particular, we collect information about you from third parties such as our business and affiliate partners and authorized service providers which may include updated contact information, demographic information, interests, and purchase history, which we may add to your account or profile and use for market research and analysis.
- How does enDrive use the Personal Data that it collects? The Personal Data that you submit or we collect through the Platform may be used in the following ways: (i) to provide the product and services you request in connection with our Platform; (ii) to respond to questions or comments you submit through the Platform; (iii) to provide, analyze, administer, and improve our Platform and services, and to otherwise ensure the Platform’s technical functionality and security, including as described in Section 1.2; (iv) to send you updates and promotional materials that you have requested; (v) to protect our rights and our property and comply with applicable law; (vi) to perform any other activity for which we have requested and obtained your consent; and (vii) for another legitimate business purpose of enDrive or a third party.
- Does enDrive disclose Personal Data to others? Without your consent, we do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose the Personal Data collected from our Platform to third parties except in the situations described below in this Section 3.
- Travel Suppliers. We share the Personal Data you provide to us when making a booking with our travel-related suppliers such as hotels, airlines, car-rental companies, insurance, vacation-rental property owners and managers, and where available, activity providers, rail, or cruise lines who can fulfill your booking. Please note that travel suppliers may contact you to obtain additional information if and as required to facilitate your booking or to otherwise provide the travel or associated services.
- Business partners. If we promote a program or offer a service or product in partnership with another business, we will share your information with that partner to assist in marketing or to provide the associated product or service. In most of those cases, the program or offer will include the name of the third-party business partner, either alone or with ours, or you will be redirected to the website of that business with notice. An example of such a business-partner relationship would be a third-party loyalty program for which you could earn points by completing a booking on our platform.
- In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Change of Control. We may transfer or assign this Privacy Statement and any Personal Data to a third party entity that acquires or is merged with us as part of a merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
- How long does enDrive retain Personal Data? If and as allowed by applicable law, we reserve the right to retain Personal Data as long as the Personal Data is needed: (i) to fulfill the purposes that are described in Sections 1 and 2; or (ii) to comply with applicable law.
- What choices do all Platform users have with respect to their Personal Data? You may send a request specifying your communication preferences to email@example.com. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to your account with us, but you can unsubscribe to marketing messages by clicking the link in any marketing email you receive from us. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any future request you submit, as well as administrative, maintenance and operational emails. Additionally, if you have an account with us, you may change your communication preferences by either logging in and updating the information in your account. You can update the accuracy of your information at any time by either logging into your account or contacting us. For our mobile apps, you can view and manage notifications and preferences in the settings menus of the app and of your operating system.
- What rights do Platform users who are California residents have? This section applies to our collection and use of “Personal Information,” as defined under California law, if you are a resident of California.
- Categories of Personal Information Collected and Used. “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. In accordance with California law and in the manner described in Section 1 above, we collected the following categories of Personal Information within the preceding 12 months:
· Identifiers such as your name, email address, mailing address, IP address, and online identifiers;
· Certain categories of Personal Information described in subdivision (e) of California Civil Code Section 1798.80, including address and telephone number;
· Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, including age and mental or physical disability;
· Geolocation data;
· Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information on your usage of our Website (“Usage Information”);
· Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased or other purchasing histories; and
· Inferences drawn from other Personal Information, such as profile reflecting your preferences, behaviors and attitudes.
- Categories of Personal Information Disclosed. We disclose each of the categories of Personal Information listed in Section 6.1 to our service providers to the extent necessary for them to facilitate our business purposes (including any purpose specified in Sections 1 and 2, above). Additionally, within the past 12 months, some of our online advertisers may have used and disclosed Usage Information collected automatically from the Service. This may be a “sale” as broadly defined under the CCPA. Therefore, we provide you the right to opt out of this “sale” of Personal Information as described, below.
- Additional California Privacy Rights If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know. You may have the right to request information on the categories of personal information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such personal information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information that were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your personal information.
- Right to Delete. You may have a right to request us to delete Personal Information that we collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out. You have a right to opt-out of certain disclosures of Personal Information to third parties, if such disclosures constitute a “sale” under California law. As noted above, in the past twelve (12) months we enabled advertisers to collect certain information from the Site, which the advertisers may use to improve their interest-based advertising networks. Regardless of whether this is a “sale,” you may opt-out of interest-based advertising as described in Section 3.3, above.
- Exercising Your California Privacy Rights. If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please contact (or have your authorized agent contact) us using the contact information listed in Section 13 below. When doing so, please tell us which right you are exercising and provide us with contact information to direct our response. We must verify your identity before fulfilling your requests. If we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification. You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by any business when you exercise your California privacy rights.
- What choices do Platform users have pursuant to the GDPR? The General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR” provides certain individuals rights in relation to their “Personal Data.” For purposes of this Section 7, “Personal Data” has the meaning set forth in GDPR. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded by the GDPR to these individuals are as follows:
- Access. You may have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the Personal Data. This access information includes the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the Personal Data have been or will be disclosed. You may have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Data undergoing processing. For further copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- Rectification. You may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Erasure. You may have the right to obtain from us the erasure of Personal Data concerning you and we may be obliged to erase such Personal Data.
- Restrictions. You may have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your Personal Data. In such cases, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Data Portability. You may have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you may have the right to transmit those data to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Object. You may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your Personal Data by us, and we can be required to no longer process your Personal Data. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your Personal Data will no longer be processed for such purposes by us. However, such a right to object may in particular not exist if the processing of your Personal Data is necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract or to perform a contract already concluded.
If you would like to exercise the rights above, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
- Does EnDrive transfer Personal Data out of the United States? From time to time, we may transfer Personal Data internationally. When we do so, we take steps to provide adequate safeguards, such as entering into standard contractual clauses with our service providers.
- How does EnDrive Protect Personal Data? We want you to feel confident about using our Platform and all associated tools and services, and we are committed to taking appropriate steps to protect the Personal Data we collect. While no company can guarantee absolute security, we do take reasonable steps to implement appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures designed to protect the Personal Data that we collect and process.
- Does EnDrive collect information from children? Children under the age of 13 should not use the Platform at any time, and we do not knowingly collect or store any Personal Data of children under the age of 13. If you are a parent and believe we have collected Personal Data about your child, please contact us using the contact information below. If we discover that we have inadvertently gathered Personal Data from a child under the age of 13, we will take reasonable measures to promptly remove such information from our records.
- How does EnDrive respond to Do Not Track Signals? We do not track Platform users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising on our Site. Accordingly, we do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Data about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. Our service providers or other third parties described in Section 3 may respond differently to “do not track” signals, as described in their respective privacy policies.
- Will EnDrive make updates or other changes to this Policy? Refer to the “Revision Date” date at the top of this page to see when this Policy Statement was last updated. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change the terms of this Policy Statement at any time. We may provide you with notice of material changes to the Policy Statement as appropriate under the circumstances, but we reserve the right, at our discretion, to change the terms of this Policy at any time without notice to you. UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED, ANY CHANGES TO THIS POLICY WILL APPLY IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING TO THE PLATFORM.
- Web beacons. Web beacons, gifs, and clear gifs are tiny graphics, each with a unique identifier that is embedded invisibly on sites and in emails. Web beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited or if ad banners on our sites and other sites are effective. We also use web beacons in our HTML-based emails to let us know whether recipients have opened our emails, which helps us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications, promotions, and marketing campaigns.
- Proximity based beacons. These beacons send one-way signals over very short distances, to communicate with associated mobile apps installed on your phone. They can notify you, for example, about experiences related to your trip and can alert you to related deals or promotions. Beacons communicate with your device only when you are in close proximity and only if you have given consent within the relevant mobile application.
- Tags. Tags are small pieces of HTML code that tell your browser to request certain content generated by an ad server. We use tags to show you relevant advertising and promotions.
- Local Storage Objects. Local Storage Objects, such as HTML 5, are used to store content and preferences. Third-parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use Local Storage Objects to collect and store information.
- Cookies Used by Providers. We may allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies to perform their services and may combine the information that they collect about you on our sites with other information that they have collected. These third-parties include business partners who collect information when you view or interact with one of (1) their advertisements on our sites or (2) our advertising or booking information on their sites and advertising networks, which collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements or tracking mechanisms they place on many different sites on the Internet. Our partners may make assumptions about your interests, characteristics, or preferences and add you to s based on those assumptions in order to show you tailored advertisements. enDrive does not have access to the cookies these third parties may use to collect information about your interests, and the information practices of these third parties are not covered by this Privacy Statement.
- How can EnDrive be contacted? If you have any comments, concerns, complaints, or questions regarding our Privacy Statement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800.909.4540.